HP Helps Print Service Providers Increase Versatility and Productivity - HP Scitex LX850 and LX820 Printers, HP LX610 Latex Scitex Inks debut at ISA Sign Expo 2011.
LAS VEGAS, April 28, 2011 – HP today unveiled the latest additions to its Latex Printing Technologiesportfolio to boost productivity and expand application versatility for print service providers, while delivering high image quality and lowering the impact of printing on the environment.
On display inHP booth 4543 at the ISA International Sign Expo 2011, the new offerings include:
* The HP Scitex LX850 Printer, a 126-inch (3.2 m) latex ink printer that delivers maximum versatility and productivity with multiple workflow features, including dual-roll, roll-to-free fall and roll-to-collector handlingand an ink collector.
* The HP Scitex LX820 Printer, a 126-inch (3.2 m) latex ink printer that offers high productivity at a lower price in a roll-to-roll configuration.
* HP LX610 Latex Scitex Inks, which produce rich blacks and glossy results on banners and self-adhesive vinyl, plus improved water resistance on fabrics.(1,2)
* HP PVC-free Wall Paper, available June 1, is now made with FSC®-certified(3) paper from well-managed forests and is GREENGUARD Children & Schools Certified, allowing customers to offer bold, colorful indoor murals without distracting odors.(4,5)
* HP also announced new software to help streamline workflows, including HP SmartStream Designer Version 5.1 for creating, preparing and collating personalized campaigns from HP Scitex printers and the GMG ColorServer Suite, a color management software from HP Solutions Business Partner GMG for HP Scitex large-format printers.
“Today’s announcement marks the next development in what has proven to be a revolutionary technology platform for the sign and display market,” said Yariv Avisar, vice president and general manager, Scitex Large-format Solutions, HP. “With more than 5,000 HP Latex Ink systems installed worldwide, HP is offering customers the competitive advantages needed to differentiate their businesses and capture new growth opportunities.”
HP Scitex LX850 and LX820 Printers boost productivity
Delivering high image quality at production speeds, the HP Scitex LX850 Printer allows customers to accelerate their large-format workflows. The device also enables customers to expand their application versatility with a built-in ink collector for direct-to-fabric printing(2) on flag fabrics. A scaled-down version of the HP Scitex LX850 Printer, the new HP Scitex LX820 Printer, is available with an optional dual-roll kit upgrade.
“We print 13,000 to 16,500 square feet a month, and while we didn’t lack output capacity, competition remains fierce and profit margins have been squeezed,” said Jose Año, general manager at Marc Marti, a Valencia, Spain-based print service provider. “The HP Scitex LX850 Printer’s versatility gives us extraordinary image quality on a range of economical, uncoated media and substrates, while differentiating our products from those using solvent-based inks.”
Both the HP Scitex LX850 and LX820 Printers work together with the new HP LX610 Latex Scitex Inks. Alternatively, customers can install HP 3M LX600 Specialty Latex Inks(6)to offer graphics backed by the 3M™ MCS™ Warranty, one of the most comprehensive warranties in the industry. The warranted durability period for vehicle graphics made with the HP 3M LX600 Specialty Latex Inks and 3M media has been extended from four years to five years by 3M, and 3M Panagraphics™ III Wide Width Flexible Substrate has been added.
The HP Scitex LX850 Printer and the HP Scitex LX820 Printer are expected to be available on May 1 and June 1, respectively.(7)
HP LX610 Latex Scitex Inks offer proven quality, durability
Capable of producing eye-catching images with rich blacks and glossy results on banners and self-adhesive vinyl, the new HP LX610 Latex Scitex Inks continue to set the standard for high-quality sign and display output. The inks produce prints with display permanence and scratch, smudge and water resistance comparable to low-solvent inks.(8) Plus, the new formulation offers improved water resistance(1)on fabrics,(2)further expanding high-value soft signage application capabilities.
“The advantage of being able to print on textiles with the HP LX610 Latex Scitex Inksis that, unlike dye sublimation, it’s just print and go,” said León Gateño, owner, Target Graphics, a Mexico City-based print service provider. “The upgrade process was very easy and we were printing right after the HP technician finished.”
Customers with HP Scitex LX600 or LX800 Printers(9) can benefit from the new inks – as well as double-sided printing capabilities(10) for blockout banners – by purchasing the HP Scitex LX610 Inks Upgrade Kit.
The HP Scitex LX610 Inks Upgrade Kit is expected to be available May 1 and can be installed by an HP technician in one day.
Workflow solutions from HP and GMG facilitate VDP, color management
HP SmartStream Designer is an easy-to-use application that generates variable data elements for marketing campaigns, such as images, text and colors, and is also a simple imposition tool for HP Scitex presses. The new HP SmartStream Designer Version 5.1 includes key improvements, such as HP Photo Enhancement to automatically improve variable images and the best fit feature, which optimizes paper usage.
Designed for customers with complex requirements like multipress uniformity and color standards, the GMG ColorServer Suite simplifies color conversions between color spaces using predefined HP Scitex printer settings for the HP Scitex FB7500, TJ8300and TJ8500Printers. GMG SmartProfiler software calibrates the output device and creates color profiles for wide-format printers. The GMG ColorServer Suite for HP Scitex printers is now available through GMG distributors and resellers.
HP at ISA Sign Expo 2011
John Stevens, large-format specialist for the HP Designjet L25500 Printer series, and Kerry Ignatovich, large-format media specialist at HP, are presenting a seminar titled “Beyond Banners: New Applications for Growth” on Saturday, April 30, from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. PT. The session will help customers think beyond their role as a banner or poster provider to see the profit possibilities that lie in unique applications.
HP offers flexible financing solutions for customers deploying the latest HP digital printing technology through HP Financial Services, the company’s leasing and life cycle asset management services division. An HP Financial Services representative is on-site at ISA to provide details of applicable offers.
More information about HP’s sign and display printing solutions is available at www.hp.com/go/gsb. Additional information about HP at ISA Sign Expo 2011 is available at www.hp.com/go/HPatSignExpo2011.
HP creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. The world’s largest technology company, HP brings together a portfolio that spans printing, personal computing, software, services and IT infrastructure at the convergence of the cloud and connectivity, creating seamless, secure, context-aware experiences for a connected world. More information about HP (NYSE: HPQ) is available at http://www.hp.com.
1) Water resistance testing by HP Image Permanence Lab on a wide range of media using the ISO 18935 method. Results may vary based on specific media performance.
2) For best results, textile applications should be printed on fabric that does not stretch. Performance may vary depending on media. Compatibility details are available from media suppliers.
3) Trademark license code FSC-C017543.
4) HP PVC-free Wall Paper printed with HP Latex Inks is GREENGUARD Children & Schools Certified. Additional information is available at www.greenguard.org.
5) Some substrates may have inherent odor.
6) With HP 3M LX600 Specialty Latex Inks installed, the printer will no longer be compatible with HP LX610 Latex Scitex Inks and double-sided printing capability is no longer available.
7) Availability date may vary by region and is subject to change.
8) HP image permanence and scratch, smudge and water resistance estimates by HP Image Permanence Lab on a range of media including HP printing materials. Additional information is available at www.hp.com/go/supplies/printpermanence.
9) Compatibility with HP Scitex LX600 and LX800 and HP Designjet L65500 Printers requires service installation of the HP Scitex LX610 Inks Upgrade Kit. With the upgrade, the printer will no longer be compatible with HP 3M LX600 Specialty Latex Inks.
10) For best results use blockout banner media intended for double-sided printing.
:: home ::
:: up ::
:: back ::