SGP Appoints Paul Lilienthal as Chairman, Adds New Board Members.
Bohemia, NY, January 29, 2013 – Sustainable Green Printing (SGP) Partnership, a non-profit organization providing sustainability certification in the graphic communications industry, announces the appointment of accomplished sustainability leader Paul Lilienthal as SGP Chairman. Paul Lilienthal is the president and owner of Pictura, one of the first SGP Certified printers and a leader in wide-format digital graphics. SGP also welcomes Jay Downey, Joseph Chichon, Jodi Krohn, and Michael Kesti to its board of directors. SGP’s board of directors consists of members of the graphic communications industry who are driven to advance the SGP’s vision and mission.
“Being elected as Chairman of the Board for SGP is a great honor,” comments Paul Lilienthal, incoming Chair for SGP. “During my tenure, I am seeking to further engage the printer community and grow the number of Certified facilities to meet the increasing demand from print buyers.”
Lilienthal is committed to promoting the continuous advancements of sustainability in the graphic communications industry. His expertise is centered on new business development, sales and marketing strategies, organizational leadership and optimization, strategic planning and profitability improvement. Paul attended St. Cloud State University where he studied finance and economics. He also received his Masters of Business Administration (MBA) degree from the University of St. Thomas with an emphasis in entrepreneurial business management.
SGP-s 2013 board of directors include the following:
* Chair: Paul Lilienthal, Pictura Graphics
* Vice Chair, Certified Printers: Jay Downey, InterFlex Group
* Vice Chair, Technical Advisory: Gary Jones, Printing Industries of America
* Vice Chair, Marketing & Communications and immediate past Chair: Marcia Y. Kinter, Specialty Graphic Imaging Association
* Treasurer: Doreen Monteleone, Flexographic Technical Association
* Secretary: George Fuchs, National Association of Printing Ink Manufacturers
* Joseph Cichon, INX International
* Elizabeth Corbett, Neenah Paper
* MaryAnn Fong, Temple University
* Stephen Goddard, Hewlett-Packard
* Andy Graham, DesignTex
* Brian Hart, Hart Consulting Services
* Debbra Johnson, DuPont Sustainable Solutions
* Michael Kesti, 3M
* Jodi Krohn, Premier Press
* Martine Padilla, Sophizio
* David Sunderman, Virtual Marking Systems
* Theresa Vanna, Transilwrap Co.
* Stephen Whittaker, Monroe Litho
Board positions are two-year terms.
SGP is a non-profit organization providing sustainability certification in the graphic communications industry. The organization promotes reducing the environmental impact and increasing the social responsibility through sustainable green printing practices. To receive SGP Certification, print facilities go well beyond compliance with applicable local, state, and federal laws. They establish sustainability management systems, implement best practices, and commit to continuous improvements in sustainability. Certified facilities are also required to report on progress annually. For more information about the SGP Partnership, the SGP Patron program, or the SGP certification process, visit www.sgppartnership.org.
:: home ::
:: up ::
:: back ::